FREMONT, CA (June 17, 2009) — SGI® (NASDAQ: SGI) announced today that it will showcase a number of new and innovative High-Performance Computing (HPC), data center, storage and Visual User Experience (VUE) solutions at the upcoming International Supercomputing Conference (ISC) 2009 taking place from June 23rd to 26th in Hamburg, Germany. SGI CTO Dr. Eng Lim Goh, an expert on next generation computing architecture, will also lead two technology sessions on the topic of HPC architectures of the future.
SGI Speaking Sessions: "Scalable HPC Architecture for the Many-Core Era," presented by Dr. Eng Lim Goh, senior vice president and chief technology officer at SGI.
Date: Thursday, June 25
Time: 10:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. CEST
Location: Hall 3, CCH-Congress Center Hamburg
Topic: The IT industry has moved from the era of regular clock speed improvements to the new many-core era. This is a fundamental change to which even consumer PC users and applications will need to adapt. This session will focus on the implications for productive high-performance and clustered computing architectures.
SGI Products Exhibit: SGI Booth #131, Intel® Booth #430 and LSI Booth #200
"ISC provides an excellent opportunity to meet with key industry thought leaders and showcase our ongoing strategy for continued growth in EMEA," said Joop Ruijgrok, vice president of SGI EMEA. "SGI will showcase a host of new products, including new HPC and storage solutions that demonstrate SGI's leadership in data center and high-performance computing design innovation."
SGI will demonstrate new and popular HPC, visualization, data center and storage solutions, including:
- SGI® Altix® 450 and the SGI® Altix® 4700 – Unique standards-based design that delivers versatile processing for the most demanding data intensive workloads.
- SGI® Altix® ICE – Integrated blade architecture designed to minimize system overhead and communication bottlenecks within data intensive workflows.
- Molecule – 10,000 processor core 'Concept Computer' that uses half the power and just 1.4 percent of the space of a comparable PC cluster.
- MobiRack™ – Mobile, all-in-one data center for field deployments.
- CloudRack™ C2 – The next-generation cabinet with high-density compute trays and MicroSlice™ architecture for cluster computing, data center physicalization, maximum compute power and cooling efficiency.
- ICE Cube™ – A scale model representing SGI's containerized, modular data center.
- SGI® InfiniteStorage 4600-HD – High-capacity RAID with a new energy-efficient 60-drive package will be on display in LSI Booth #200.
- SGI® InfiniteStorage 6120 – High-performance with best-in-class density and maximum drive versatility in a self-contained appliance.
SGI® is a global leader in large-scale clustered computing, clustered storage, HPC and data center enablement and services. SGI is dedicated to solving the IT industry's most demanding business and technology challenges. Visit www.sgi.com for more information.
Schwartz Communications, Inc
Fiona Halkerston or
+44 207 401 7968
SGI, Altix, MobiRack, CloudRack and ICE Cube are registered trademarks of Silicon Graphics International Corp. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.