FREMONT, Calif. — October 16, 2009 — SGI (NASDAQ: SGI) announced today that it will showcase its leading SGI® servers, storage, data center and HPC solutions at the upcoming GEOINT 2009 Symposium from October 19 — 21 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas.
"The GEOINT 2009 Symposium is the top event of the year for the defense, intelligence and homeland security communities, and SGI is committed to this marketplace," said Tony Carrozza, senior vice president of worldwide sales and marketing at SGI. "We will be showcasing a full range of SGI's leading technologies and solutions that are uniquely suited for the most challenging computing tasks in this critically important sector."
SGI products on display at the GEOINT 2009 Symposium will include:
- ICE Cube® — SGI's 40-foot modular data center that provides extreme, containerized server and storage densities, as well as compelling deployment advantages and reduced operating costs.
- MobiRack™ — A mobile, all-in-one data center optimized for field deployments, MobiRack is available in compact 5U and 11U, and midrange 14U and 16U configurations.
HPC and Personal Supercomputing:
- Octane® III — SGI's new personal supercomputer that combines the power and performance capabilities of a high-performance deskside cluster with the portability and usability of a workstation.
- CloudRack® C2 — A unified cabinet design that delivers extreme densities with breakthrough energy efficiency and centralized power and cooling efficiency for cluster computing.
- SGI® Altix® 4700 — The unique standards-based design that delivers versatile processing for the most demanding data intensive workloads, incorporating shared-memory NUMAflex® architecture, which simplifies software development, workload management and system administration.
- SGI® Altix® XE 500 — The ultra-dense 1U server that delivers top data center density and reduced infrastructure costs without sacrificing performance or functionality.
- LiveSAN™ — The block-level storage virtualization suite that enables complete control over any SAN environment. LiveSAN virtualizes all of the available blocks of existing storage across the enterprise to utilize available space and lessen stranded storage.
- SGI® InfiniteStorage 15000 — High-performance storage with breakthrough scalability, density and energy efficiency for bandwidth intensive applications.
SGI is a global leader in large-scale clustered computing, high-performance storage, HPC and data center enablement and services. SGI is focused on helping customers solve their most demanding business and technology challenges. Visit www.sgi.com for more information.
Schwartz Communications, Inc.
© 2009 SGI. SGI, Altix, Octane, LiveSAN, MobiRack, CloudRack and ICE Cube are registered trademarks or trademarks of Silicon Graphics International Corp. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.