SGI Gives Back
SGI believes in giving back!
SGI supports investment in programs and partnerships that benefit the communities in which we do business. SGI's commitment to making meaningful change is accomplished through a combination of:
- Seeking out volunteer opportunities and encouraging our employees to engage in community volunteerism.
- Investing in, or donating to, qualified non-profits that are closely aligned with SGI values and interests. These include those focused on Education, Health and Human Services and Environmental Sustainability.
Some examples of employee efforts:
- Alzheimer's Association — 2015 Annual US fundraising campaign resulted in contributions of over $45,000
- Spring Forward Charity Run Sponsor — working to end poverty in our community — April 2014 and April 2015 — Mountain View, CA
- Alzheimer's Association — 2014 Annual US fundraising campaign resulted in contributions of over $49,000
- Feed My People Food Drive — nearly 300 pounds of food donated to area Food Bank annually — Chippewa Falls, WI
- Chippewa Falls Public Schools — drive to provide local school children 'in need' with sufficient warm winter gear (mittens, scarves, hats) annually in December — Chippewa Falls, WI
- Second Harvest Food Bank — annually packing up to 2000 meals for local families in December and holding annual food drives exceeding 340 pounds of donated food in July — Eagan, MN
- Family Giving Tree — annual holiday gift campaign for low income children in December and back-to-school backpack drive in August — Milpitas, CA
- Red Cross Blood Drives — semi-annually — Chippewa Falls, WI
- Air Ambulance UK — raised money for the Thames Valley and Chilten Air Ambulance's vital lifesaving service — December 2014 — Winnersh, UK
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Northwestern Wisconsin — Bowl for Kids' Sake, employees raised money — April 2014 — Chippewa Falls, WI
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society — 2013 Annual U.S. fundraising campaign resulted in contributions of nearly $56,000