The SGI® Altix® 1330 cluster delivers SGI's award-winning Altix® architecture in a fully-integrated cluster solution. SGI Altix 1330 provides customers with the quality and performance that they've come to expect from SGI in a cost-effective cluster platform. Altix 1330 leverages SGI's NUMAflex® architecture to uniquely provide a cluster solution that can support the most demanding application mix in a multi-user environment, with unsurpassed scalability in all dimensions.
Achieve world-class performance at a cost-effective price
- Modular architecture that can independently scale processors, memory, and I/O resources on the node for ultimate in system right-sizing and resource efficiency.
- Highly scalable nodes that can handle more real work with fewer systems, dramatically reduces the overall cost of solution by decreasing requirements for interconnect fabric, software licenses, and administration.
- Industry-standard architecture, built on Linux® operating systems and Intel Itanium 2 processors, for the best performance and enhanced investment protection.
Discover Breakthrough Productivity
- Advanced system design leverages the best of large node capability PLUS cluster capacitywith nodes that can scale to 16 processors and 128GB of memory.
- High-performance, shared-memory SGI® NUMAlink® interconnect technology for unparalleled I/O at 6.4GB/second on each Altix cluster node virtually eliminates I/O bottlenecks.
- Efficiently supports complex, mixed workloads and dynamic resource requirementseliminating the need to expend precious resource in decomposing or parallelizing code.
Designed with ease of administration in mind
- Fully integrated cluster solution that includes the industry's leading cluster, interconnect and system management tools from SGI, Voltaire and Scali.
- Large node Altix 1330 clusters result in fewer systems to deploy, manage and provision.
- Comprehensive support for Altix 1330 hardware and system software provided by SGI.
Features and Benefits
||Reduce the overall cost of solution, with Altix 1330 nodes that scale to 16 processors and 128GB memorydramatically decreasing the cost of compute nodes, software license, interconnect fabric, and administration.
|Complete Cluster Solution
||Achieve immediate productivity, with a fully integrated cluster solution that includes Altix 1330 cluster nodes, Platform Manager, SGIconsole remote multiserver management system and choice of InfiniBand (with VoltaireVision Interconnect Manager), Gigabit Ethernet or Quadrics® high-speed interconnect.
|High Performance Scale-up/Scale-out
||Achieve maximum performance with SGI world-leading 6.4GB/second NUMAflex interconnect technology on each Altix 1330 node. In scale-out configurations, Altix 1330 supports up to eight InfiniBand Host channel Adapters (HCA) on each compute node for unparalleled performance and deployment flexibility.
|Advanced Linux Cluster Platform
||Leverage the best of open systems, with a choice of Red Hat® EL 4 or SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server 9, and the option of turbo-charging HPC applications with SGI ProPack on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
|Industry-leading HPC Platform
||Built on the industry's leading high-performance, 64-bit platform: Intel Itanium 2.
|Seamless Growth Path
||Easily scale Altix 1330 nodes from 1P to 16P without incurring any additional expense to switch systems or chassis.
|Single Source Support
||Resolve all hardware and system issues with a single vendor: SGI.