SGI InfiniteStorage TP9300S (TP9300S) combines the modular TP9300 2Gb Fibre Channel disk array with new Serial ATA (SATA) drive technology to deliver a reliable, high-performance storage platform ideally suited for many secondary storage applications. Customers can now build application solutions using lower cost-per-terabyte SATA drives offering direct access to data files at a speed several times faster than tape. The TP9300S is designed for customers interested in a storage platform designed with enterprise-class availability and functionality afforded by a Fibre Channel architecture, but with moderate demands for bandwidth. For secondary storage applications where capacity cost is key, the TP9300S with SATA technology provides a unique combination of features at an affordable price.
- High performance throughput at a low cost: TP9300S with SATA delivers high-bandwidth for specialized HPC
applications targeting sequential data transfers, such as seismic model processing, management and streaming of rich
media, and volume copy and replication of enterprise data.
- Decrease backup window and improve application availability: Implement SATA as an integral part of a data
protection policy. Employ SGI's InfiniteStorage XVM Snapshot on primary storage for a point-in-time copy of online
data, and then backup data to TP9300S with no impact to application performance or online data.
- Affordable storage consolidation: consolidate islands of non-critical operational data housed in numerous
direct-attached storage silos into a centralized location or data center. Partition the TP9300S as multiple disk
arrays to support functional workgroups while decreasing storage management costs and simplifying management routines.
- Heterogeneous host support: TP9300S can be attached directly or through a fabric to a number of host environments,
including IRIX®, Windows 2000®, Linux®, and Solaris. Using the SGI's InfiniteStorage
TPSSM Partitions feature, a single TP9300S array can be divided into a maximum of 64 logical partitions and shared
across multiple heterogeneous hosts.
- Multi-OS SAN file sharing: Using Multi-OS clients of the SGI® InfiniteStorage CXFS shared filesystem, TP9300S can
share data across a heterogeneous SAN. Manage your data in a single scalable filesystem and share across multiple,
simultaneous clients, including IRIX, Solaris, Windows NT, Windows 2000, 32-bit Linux, 64-bit Linux, and AIX.