SGI InfiniteStorage TP9500S matches a high-performance 2Gb Fibre Channel controller architecture with new Serial ATA (SATA) drive technology to provide enterprise-class functionality and scalability in a secondary storage solution. If you are looking for affordable mass storage to support business-wide application data requiring a higher level of availability and functionality than entry-level storage appliances, the SGI InfiniteStorage offers the best combination of performance, scalability and value. Many customers with large repositories of inactive or archive data want direct access to data at their fingertips and are interested in disk storage because tape technology is either too cumbersome or slow. Compared to tape archive solutions, the TP9500S will deliver faster access to data at an affordable price that in turn will enhance end user productivity and accelerate your workflow. The TP9500S is uniquely qualified to interact with high-end application servers managing vast data repositories for enterprise-class applications, and offers the attractive cost-per-terabyte affordability of Serial ATA drives.
Datasheet (PDF 221K)
- High Scalability: with a maximum capacity of 56TB, a single TP9500S array is an ideal match for applications managing vast
amounts of capacity. Combined with SGI® servers, this maximum capacity can be consolidated into a single 56TB filesystem using SGI®
XFS® or CXFS filesystems as part of a storage consolidation solution. Customers can combine multiple TP9500S arrays into a single
filesystem up to Terabytes or even Petabytes.
- Disaster Recovery: Disaster recovery solutions can replicate operational data to the TP9500S located remotely, providing a
means for rapid recovery of data after a catastrophic event at the primary site.
- Rapid Recovery of Reference Data: Reference data will be archived for legal compliance and is often inactive, yet when the need
arises for data retrieval, customers can access individual files directly on the TP9500S more rapidly than through serial access to
a tape subsystem.
- Enterprise-Class Affordable Storage: Serial ATA drives used in the TP9500S are designed for a 7 x 24 x 365 duty cycle and are
more reliable than appliances based on parallel ATA drives. The SATA drives are managed by high-performance 2Gb Fibre Channel
controllers with advanced functionality and high availability features, with management provided by the intuitive GUI-based SGI
InfiniteStorage TPSSM Storage Management software.
- Heterogeneous host support: TP9500S can be attached directly or through a fabric to a number of host environments, including
IRIX®, Windows 2000®, Linux®, and Solaris. Using the TPSSM Partitions feature, a single TP9500S array
can be divided into a maximum of 64 logical partitions and shared across multiple heterogeneous hosts.
- Multi-OS SAN file sharing: Using the SGI® InfiniteStorage Shared Filesystem CXFS, TP9500S can instantly share data across a
heterogeneous SAN. Manage your data in a single scalable filesystem and share across multiple, simultaneous clients, including
IRIX, Solaris, Windows NT, Windows 2000, 32-bit Linux, 64-bit Linux, and AIX.