Solutions for High Performance Parallel Environments
Intel® Enterprise Edition for Lustre®
Intel® Enterprise Edition for Lustre® software (Intel® EE for Lustre software) unleashes the performance and scalability of the Lustre parallel file system for HPC workloads, including the types of technical 'big data' applications frequently leveraged by SGI customers. It allows end-users that need the benefits of large-scale, high bandwidth storage to tap the power and scalability of Lustre, with the simplified installation, configuration, and management features provided by Intel® Manager for Lustre software, a management solution purpose-built by the Lustre experts at Intel for the Lustre file system. Further, Intel EE for Lustre software is backed by SGI's global support team working in conjunction with Intel's Lustre engineering team - including 24/7 service level agreement (SLA) coverage.
Intel® Enterprise Edition for Lustre® Software Components
- Intel® Manager for Lustre*: Intel Manager for Lustre software includes simple, but powerful, management tools that provide a unified, consistent view of Lustre storage systems and simplify the installation, configuration, monitoring, and overall management of Lustre. The manager consolidates all Lustre information in a central, browser-accessible location for ease of use.
- Integrated Apache Hadoop® Adapter: When organizations operate both Lustre and Apache Hadoop® within a shared HPC infrastructure, there is a compelling use case for using Lustre as the file system for Hadoop analytics, as well as HPC storage.
Intel Enterprise Edition for Lustre includes an Intel-developed adapter which allows users to run MapReduce® applications directly on Lustre. This optimizes the performance of MapReduce operations while delivering faster, more scalable, and easier to manage storage.
- Performance: Intel EE for Lustre software has been designed to enable fully parallel I/O throughput across thousands of clients, servers, and storage devices. Metadata and data are stored on separate servers to allow optimization of each system for the different workloads they present. Intel Enterprise Edition for Lustre can also scale down efficiently to provide fast parallel storage for smaller organizations.
- Capacity: The object-based storage architecture of Intel EE for Lustre software can scale to tens of thousands of clients and petabytes of data.
- Affordability: Intel EE for Lustre software is based on open source Lustre software, and is hardware, server, and network fabric neutral. SGI's team of technical presales engineers can work with customers to architect systems that can meet specific customer requirements for performance and scalability. Enterprises can scale their storage deployments horizontally, yet continue to have simple-to-manage storage.
- Maturity: Lustre has been in use in the world's largest datacenters for over a decade and hardened in the harshest Big Data environments. Intel EE for Lustre software is rigorously tested, reliable, and backed by SGI and Intel, the leading providers of technical support for Lustre software. Intel EE for Lustre software delivers commercial- ready Lustre in a package that can scale efficiently both up and down to suit broad business workloads, with built-in manageability.
Unleash the Lustre parallel file system as an enterprise platform-offering higher throughput and helping to prevent bottlenecks.
- Built on open-source Lustre software
- Intel® Manager for Lustre simplifies install and configuration
- Enormous storage capacity and I/O
- Open, documented interfaces for deep integration
- Throughput in excess of 1 terabyte per second
- Resilient, highly available storage
- Centralized, GUI-based administration for management simplicity
- Integrated support for Hadoop® MapReduce® applications with Lustre storage
- Rigorously tested, stable software proven across diverse industries
- Flexible storage solution based on Intel-enhanced open source software
- Global 24/7 technical support
- Intel Enterprise Edition for Lustre will be available in the early second half of 2014.