- Scale up to 120 slots (360 TB) and as many as 10 LTO drives
- Through CODs (Capacity on Demand), adding drives and performance is simple. This scalability protects your investment and ensures that your data is protected with the latest technology advances.
- Supports multiple connectivity protocols (Fibre and SAS) as well as all major backup software packages and operating systems.
- Integrated Shared Library Services (partitioning) supports native SAS and Fibre Channel drives simultaneously.
- The T120 is equipped with a Health Odometer, which lets you track library component usage and set notification limits.
- Media management is streamlined through the use of Media Lifecycle Management that alerts you to potential data integrity issues.
- Supports SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), Internet connectivity, and limits library and encryption key access only to authorized users.
- Comes with integrated hardware-based AES-256 encryption and BlueScale Key Management.
Features and Benefits
- Fortified with BlueScale Storage Management Software (library's core intelligence), backed by robust data protection with tape and disk libraries.
- BlueScale Encryption supplies hardware-based encryption through LTO-6 and LTO-5 hardware and total key management with no external hardware or software.
- Partitioning through Shared Library Services (SLS) without additional external hardware or software
- Capacity on Demand (COD) lets you add capacity when you need it simply by requesting a key that enables the new slots
- Hot-swap drives and controllers, redundant components, and high-density modular design
- Observatory, Remote Library Controller (RLC), and graphical touch-screen front panel to simplify library management and use.
- Connectivity with Fibre Channel and SAS drives
- Compatible with all major operating systems, backup software packages, and standard data center racks
- Ground-breaking BlueScale EnergyAudit™ power monitoring feature
- Easy one-step encryption and backup process, BlueScale Encryption, as a standard feature-letting you protect your data using federally-approved AES-256 encryption while backing up your data.
- BlueScale Encryption is the only truly integrated encryption for data stored on tape, and lets you seamlessly and affordably add encryption to your backup strategy without changing any existing backup policies and requires no additional hardware or software.
- Helps manage your tape media by giving you the tools to proactively detect potential media errors well before they happen.
- Utilizes Certified Media and Media Lifecycle Management together so you can manage, track and report all facets of tape usage from creation to retirement - all consolidated within the same software you use to manage the library.
- Fits into 14U rack space
- 24.5" H x 17.5" W x 36.5" D
- 62.2cm H x 44.5cm W x 92.7cm D
- Weight (approximate): 262 lb / 119 kg maximum
- 100-240 VAC, single phase, 50/60 Hz
- Tape Slots: 30-120
- Tape Drives: 1-10
* Values calculated using data compression
- SAS - 6 GB/s
- Fibre Channel - 4 GB/s or 8 GB/s
Mean Cycles Between Failures