Cluster System Hardware Maintenance
This course is designed to provide the system support engineer with the skills necessary to install and maintain SGI Altix XE and ICE Family systems. At course completion, the student will be able to configure systems, troubleshoot problems to the field-replaceable unit (FRU) level, replace all FRUs, and perform necessary maintenance tasks.
- SGI Altix XE and SGI Altix ICE system architecture, components, and supported configurations
- System installation and configuration procedures
- Using commands and utilities to obtain system information
- Using available diagnostics and commands to troubleshoot system failures to the field-replaceable unit (FRU) level
- FRU procedures
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Install SGI Altix XE or ICE Family system hardware
- Remove and replace all FRUs
- Manage the system via IPMI protocol
- Upgrade firmware
- Isolate faults using console output, error logs, and appropriate diagnostic utilities
This course is intended for:
- Maintenance personnel who are charged with supporting SGI Altix XE or ICE hardware
- System administration or IT staff who have partial or full hardware responsibilities
- IT managers who want to understand hardware support issues for SGI Altix XE or ICE Family systems
- Either student must have attended Introduction to Linux or have at least six months of experience with the Linux operating system.
- Class starts at 9:00 AM. The course dates and times will be included in the confirmation notice you receive from SGI after you register.
- This hardware class is available upon request.
- In order for a student to be eligible for a hardware course, the company sponsoring the student must have a contract with SGI that states that the company can service its own equipment. The SGI Education staff will verify the contract prior to a student's enrollment.