SGI UV10, UV100 and UV1000 System Maintenance
This course is designed to provide the support engineer with the skills necessary to install and maintain the SGI UV system. The course covers the SGI UV10, SGI UV100 and SGI UV1000 systems. At course completion, the student will be able to install and configure systems, troubleshoot problems to the field-replaceable unit (FRU) level, replace all FRUs, and perform necessary maintenance tasks.
- Describe the SGI UV system architecture, components, supported configurations and limitations
- Install and configure systems and upgrades
- Use commands and utilities to obtain system information
- Use available diagnostics and commands to troubleshoot system failures to the field replaceable unit (FRU) level
- Remove and replace all FRU's
- The student must have attended Linux System Administration training or have at least six months of experience with the Linux operating system.
This course is intended for students who fall into one of the following categories:
- Personnel who support hardware, firmware or IT support responsibilities for the SGI UV
- Lab maintenance personnel who are charged with supporting the SGI UV hardware
- System administration or IT staff who have partial or full hardware responsibilities
- Working management who wish to understand and appreciate hardware support issues with the SGI UV system platform
- Instructor-led (Lecture/Lab)
- This hardware class is available upon request.
- In order for a student to be eligible for a hardware course, the company sponsoring the student must have a contract with SGI that states that the company can service its own equipment. The SGI Education staff will verify the contract prior to a student's enrollment.
We Also Recommend