Special Warranty Upgrade Offer
Within 90 days following the purchase of your SGI system, you can upgrade your standard product warranty to a more comprehensive Support Service Plan at considerable cost savings. Protect your investment by upgrading to the level of support that corresponds to your business requirement. Review the available Support Service Plan and contact your SGI representative to initiate your service upgrade.
Support Obligations for Non-Contract, Non-Warranty Systems
For customers who have no support contract and whose hardware warranty has expired, SGI at its sole discretion, will generally provide fixes (via critical patches or mandatory Field Change Orders -- FCO) for problems that pose health and safety, security and/or data integrity risks for Products engineered by SGI and still being actively supported. [Some cost may be associated with these fixes].
For information related to how to transfer an SGI product warranty from one country to another, please see the Service Move terms.
- "Customer Replaceable Unit" or "CRU" means an Equipment component which is deemed to be accessible and replaceable by the Customer.
- "Customer Support Center" or "CSC" means an SGI-authorized location for telephonic technical support and problem resolution.
- "Equipment" means SGI's hardware products which are new or newly manufactured.
- "Software" means software products licensed to you pursuant to a separate license agreement between you and SGI, and accepted for Support by SGI and listed on the Quotation. The term "Software" also includes updates delivered pursuant to this Agreement. However, Software does not include maintenance software.
- "Product(s)" means Software and/or Equipment which SGI has agreed to provide support under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- "System Support Engineer" ("SSE") means a SGI representative authorized to perform on-site support.
- "Warranty Start Date" means the first day that SGI ships the Product to Customer. arr.