Get connected and adjust to threats in real time.
Your greatest ally in a dynamically changing security environment is shared awareness. And that is only possible when your technology can quickly and easily connect disparate people and diverse systems around the globe. That's why our highly scalable storage and server solutions are designed to keep data moving and ensure that the right people always have the right information at the right time.
With a dedicated focus on the Government and Defense programs, SGI specializes in delivering solutions that contribute to the speed, agility, and flexibility of the military. SGI compute, data management, and data anayltics solutions are uniquely designed to:
- Enhance the quality of information
- Produce shared situational awareness
- Provide critical information and ensure knowledge superiority
- Reduce time to act and react
Key Solutions Area
In-Memory Database Applications
Designed to efficiently handle massive datasets and complex computational problems by enabling unsurpassed scalability, SGI UV is uniquely suited to hosting in-memory database applications. The SGI® UV™ server family is based on SGI® NUMAlink® shared-memory architecture. This architecture provides unmatched scalability - giving users the ability to expand memory, I/O and processors independently to efficiently address specific processing requirements.
- Memory Scalability: A single UV node, running one copy of the Linux® operating system, can scale up to 16TB of shared memory respectively using a single system image of the operating system. Effectively, SGI UV servers can accommodate as much of the database in memory as the software itself will permit.
- I/O Bandwidth: SGI UV servers have demonstrated sustained I/O bandwidth of over 7 gigabytes per second and achieved a world-record 1 terabyte per second result on the STREAM Triad memory bandwidth benchmark.
- Processor Scalability: SGI UV servers support from 1 to thousands of cores per system, all operating against a pool of globally shared memory.
Because of its unique shared-memory scalability, SGI UV delivers efficient management of large data sets, access to massive data sets, and execution of more instructions per cycle, all of which boost overall performance of in-memory database applications.
SGI In-Memory Database solutions are enhanced by SGI® InfiniteStorage™ products, which are designed to ensure that the storage performance is high enough to keep up with the server architecture. Accelerator technology can provide substantial performance improvement for database applications that spend a majority of their run time on a set of specific algorithms. Examples include text search and pattern recognition routines, data mining, and very large database solutions that require sub-second response times.
Signals and Imagery Intelligence
SGI solutions play a critical role in enabling governments and defense customers to collect, process, analyze, archive and exploit massive amounts of complex data, so that critical decisions can be made and communicated with greater speed and confidence. SGI provides the integrated infrastructure that accelerates decisions cycles, delivering the right information to the right decision makers at the right time.
SGI's highly scalable and feature-rich systems and InfiniteStorage architectures enable SigInt and ImInt analysts to:
- Deliver true real-time decision support. The SGI UV server has a unique ability to process massive volumes of data faster than any competing server — without latency and without discarding data.
- Ensure data protection, integrity and security. Critical information assets and applications must be secure, redundant from equipment failures or user error. Continuous 24/7 availability around the clock operational mode meets the needs of world-wide security and intelligence operations today. SGI offers a flexible array of options.
- "Right size" the hardware platform. Memory, compute power, and the data I/O are all independently scalable on the SGI UV system, unlike any other server on the market. Furthermore, SGI's unique data-centric storage architecture can be tailored to reduce storage complexity, streamline management, increase performance, improve availability, and reduce TCO.
- Provide a low TCO and low risk solution. The SGI UV server uses an open-source operating system, Intel processors, and commodity memory. The "secret sauce" of the SGI UV server is focused where the impact is biggest: on the shared memory system architecture using NUMAflex technology.