Workflow Solutions that Maximize Productivity and Generate Breakthrough Results
SGI high performance computing and data management solutions allow astrophysicists, high energy physicists, plasma physicists, geophysicists and other physical scientists to more rapidly simulate complex phenomena and analyze large amounts of experimental data.
Theoreticians require advanced computation and huge volumes of storage to increase understanding of the behavior of systems ranging from the sub-atomic to stars, galaxies and beyond, while experimentalists increasingly rely on advanced storage systems to accommodate and make sense of the mountains of data ingested from an ever growing array of specialized instrumentation. SGI solutions for the physical sciences allow researchers to:
- Develop breakthrough solutions with advanced computing technology by choosing high-performance computing solutions tailored to workload and budget:
- SGI® UV™ systems run Linux® and are based on Intel® Xeon® processors. They enable compute, memory and I/O scaling within a single shared memory environment. These systems are unsurpassed in their memory and I/O capability, and deliver exceptional Message Passing Interface (MPI) application performance because of their low-latency and high-bandwidth SGI® NUMAlink® architecture.
- SGI® ICE™ integrated blade cluster system was designed for today's data intensive problems. This innovative platform from SGI raises the efficiency bar, easily scaling to meet virtually any processing requirement without compromising ease of use, manageability or price/performance. SGI ICE delivers unsurpassed customer value with breakthrough density, efficiency, reliability and manageability.
- Address huge amounts of data and move it quickly into and out of the system. SGI UV systems implement globally shared memory so that any CPU can directly address any byte of memory or I/O device. By using the NUMAlink interconnect fabric, data is accessed at rates many times faster than possible using conventional clustering interconnects. Complex data sets and complete workflows can run directly in memory instead of requiring I/O, enabling productivity breakthroughs that traditional Linux clusters or repurposed e-commerce UNIX® servers can't tackle.
- Focus on science, not system and data management. The SGI UV architecture enables easy installation and administration of a single system, while SGI's data management solutions simplify the storage and archiving of large data sets. SGI ICE and Rackable servers and clusters can be integrated into a single system management and data-sharing environment that minimizes system management overhead. By freeing scientific staff to focus on science instead of system and data management, productivity and innovation increase.
- Maximize ROI. SGI UV and SGI ICE servers, and SGI storage systems, deliver scalability and high performance in a cost-effective package.