Next: Accuracy Estimation
The Inducer utility runs the given inducer on the given datafile
and reports the following statistics:
- Instance Counts
- The number of training instances, test instances,
the number of unseen test instances, and the number of
- Classification counts
- The number of correct and incorrect
- Generalization accuracy
- The accuracy on the unseen instances.
- Memorization accuracy
- The accuracy on the seen instances.
A big discrepancy between the generalization and memorization
accuracy usually indicates overfitting.
- The overall accuracy on the test set.
Figure 4: A snapshot of the MineSet tree visualizer fly-through.
Sun Oct 6 23:17:50 PDT 1996