Next: Known Bugs
Up: Differences from Previous
Previous: Differences from 1.3.2
- Decision tree induction can now output to the tree visualizer
from SGI's MineSet.
- Utilities now support command-line flags (options) as described
in Section 2.
- Names files now support ``discrete'' as a description for
nominal attributes. As data is read, the list of values is
dynamically added. Values in the test set that were not seen
are considered unknown.
- The C45Tree utility now supports the DIST_DISP option
for displaying the distribution at every node.
- The ``info'' utility now gives the majority accuracy.
- Temporary files are now erased on interrupts.
The environment variable KEEPTEMP can be set to ``yes'' to
override this behavior.
- Heuristics for determining the number of bins for
discretization were added.
- A new discretization option (t2-disc) was added.
T2 is now given with the distribution (for discretization).
- A new discretization option (c4.5-disc) was added.
- CN2 algorithm is now given with the distribution. We thank
Rick Kufrin from NCSA for modifying the original CN2 so
that it easily compiles on SGI.
- Discretization intervals were changed to conform with C4.5.
The left branch is now instead of <.
- Weights in nearest neighbor can be set ``manually,'' ,
through user input.
- The C45test.awk script is no longer used nor needed.
Sun Oct 6 23:17:50 PDT 1996